Statement of Beliefs
1. We believe that the Bible you hold in your hand is a trustworthy guide to faith and practice. One divine author, God, inspired more than forty writers over a period of about 1400 years to write what we now have in the 39 books of the Old Testament and 27 books of the New Testament. The Scriptures bear witness to Jesus Christ and tell of the gift of salvation that is possible only in Him.
2. We believe that the One God has revealed Himself in three persons; Father, Son and Holy Spirit. In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth ... and in the end God will give a new heavens and earth wherein the saved of all the ages will dwell with God and each other forever.
3. We believe that God created and blessed humanity uniquely in all His creation. Mankind fell through the sin of our first parents, Adam and Eve, which fall affected the whole of creation and produced a sin nature in people that has passed from generation to generation. Every human who has ever lived, with the exception of Jesus, has personally sinned and incurred the wrath of God.
4. We believe that God has wonderfully purposed to provide salvation to all people by grace alone through faith alone as a free gift and not an accomplishment of human good works. This gift of salvation is available only as we by God’s grace turn by faith to our Lord Jesus Christ.
5. We believe the local church is the visible expression of the invisible body of believers, the redeemed believers of every age. The church has two ordinances: baptism and the Lord’s Supper. One enters into the fellowship of the local church through the symbolic immersion in what we call believer’s baptism. Believers also remember and celebrate the death of Christ until He returns at the end of the age in a symbolic act of worship called the Lord’s Supper. Jesus commissioned His church to make disciples of all nations and promised to be with us until the end of the age.
6. We believe that God is providentially accomplishing His purposes for His creation. Christ will return at the end of the age. He will judge the living and the dead, and only those whose names are written in the Lamb’s Book of Life will enter into the new heavens and earth to be forever with God and each other.
Statement of Beliefs